OCI has grown from a small family-run construction business into a global leading producer and distributor of nitrogen (Top 3 globally) and methanol (top 5 globally) products headquartered in the Netherlands. OCI’s production facilities are in the United States, the Netherlands, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, and Algeria. They produce approximately 14.7 million metric tons per year of nitrogen fertilizers, methanol, diesel exhaust fluid and melamine, serving agricultural and industrial customers around the world. OCI employs over 4,000 people and is listed on Euronext in Amsterdam.
OCI’s strategically developed trading and distribution operations allow them to directly reach their customers through a wide-reaching global network. They have a coordinated global sales and marketing organization for their products, with hubs in Europe, the United States, the United Arab Emirates, Brazil, and China. OCI’s distribution infrastructure includes a wholly owned ammonia Import/export terminal at the port of Rotterdam, warehousing capacity across the United States, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, rail car fleets in the United States and Europe, and an ammonia barges and vessels. All our production facilities have direct access to key ports and distribution hubs, including port access on the Mediterranean, Red Sea and Arabian Gulf, and port or harbor access in Europe and the United States.
For our Industrial Products business we have a vacancy for an:
Business Development Manager Europa (Power Generation)
The Business Development Manager (Power Generation) will advance the business development and commercial efforts around the use Clean Ammonia as the key feedstock to decarbonize Power Generation, with the aim of establishing OCI as the global market leading supplier of Clean Ammonia to the industry. This position will support the Global Ammonia team in promoting Clean Ammonia, serving as a key Subject Matter Expert on power generation including fossil combustion and renewables with a view to develop expertise in the use of ammonia in CCGTs and CFPPs including market adoption and regulatory changes.
Duties and responsibilities:
At a minimum, tasks will include, but not limited to:
Business Development Manager EU (Power Generation) is responsible for:
- Development of clear market strategy on Clean Ammonia in the Power Generation market segment.
- Developing value propositions for the adoption of Clean Ammonia amongst all stakeholders in the Power Generation value chain.
- Account management of current ammonia business in the power sector
- Assess and analyze current and future market developments of Clean Ammonia applications, customer needs, competitor developments and other relevant business intelligence activities, resulting in business opportunities and clear direction for future growth of OCI’s Clean Ammonia business.
- This role will work closely with Global Nitrogen Team, Global Ammonia Team, Corporate BD team and regional teams to develop strong business relationships with key industry players which includes producers, customers, trading partners.
- Maintain a network with customers, peers, competitors, authorities, OEMs and partners in order to stay abreast of all business developments and ensure access to relevant market and business information
- Assess and analyze current and future market development, customer needs, competitor developments and other relevant business intelligence activities, resulting in business opportunities and clear direction for future growth of OCI’s business
- Originate and execute on full gamut of business development opportunities including Joint ventures / partnerships / offtakes, targeted commercially oriented capital projects, infrastructure development to underpin supply and marketing of Clean Ammonia.
- Work closely with sustainability team to develop and own LCA models for Clean Ammonia especially for Power Generation market.
- Work closely with certification lead to establish and/or use relevant certification required for the adoption of Clean Ammonia in Power Generation market.
- Actively solicit feedback, ideas, and challenges from global team, checking in with all regional leaders regularly and working teams on frequent basis across products and regions
- Represent OCI favorably vis a vis the global industry and grow our international positioning; manage communications with key external stakeholders
- Subject Matter Expert for Power Generation value chain which includes analysis of cost / benefit trade-offs, technical knowledge of CCGTs and CFPPs.
- Engage Ammonia cracking technical players to get updates on technology progress and identify potential end users
- Work closely with the Global Ammonia team to develop and maintain knowledge repository for Clean Ammonia
ESG, Initiative Origination and Risk Management:
- Support OCI global ESG agenda of reducing GHG footprint with particular focus on Clean Ammonia
- Support strategic initiatives around Clean Ammonia market development
- Under the guidance of the Global Head of Ammonia and Principal BD for Clean Ammonia, lead low carbon advocacy initiatives and represent OCI on various associations and industry bodies
Who are we looking for?
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Economics
- Preferred: Master’s degree in business administration or related
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in power generation industry with exposure to CCGTs, CFPPs and renewables in a Commercial Sales and/or Business Development capacity.
- Strong Passion in driving low carbon initiatives particularly in the power generation market segment
- Ideally have been involved in studies and projects on feedstock transition to Ammonia and/or Hydrogen, and/or Ammonia cracking to Hydrogen for uses in power
- Strong global industry network and relationships throughout the value chain
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Able to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Able to move back and forth from strategic view to detailed tactics
- Results oriented
An excellent opportunity to prove and develop yourself in an international, complex, dynamic and challenging environment. You will be working in a small team of professionals in a fast growing international company. Ongoing attention to your personal development and growth, tailored to your ambitions and abilities. Very good benefits and a great atmosphere.
We kindly request you to send your CV by selecting the button ‘apply’. For more information about the process: please contact Nicole Peters, HC Business Partner Offices & Projects, tel +31 6 10513013 or e-mail: Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone is different, and it is precisely the differences in people that help us to be an even better organization. That’s why we are curious about who you are! OCI is a company that values diversity & inclusion. More information about this can be found on our website: https://www.oci.nl/sustainability/diversity/
Fill in the application form by selecting the ‘Apply’ button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy will not be appreciated.Apply